ART Suite Release Notes 1.09.03 (2014/05/06).¶
The setup time for products has been improved. For LArSoft (comprising about 55 products) on a lightly-loaded GPVM machine (utilizing bluearc for common product areas) the time is generally <4s, even when the products' setup files aren't already in the machine's cache. After someone on the machine has done this once, the setup time goes to <1.5s. On a more heavily loaded machine (say, 2 load units per core with several analysis jobs running), the setup time is 15-20s pre-cache, and 10-12s post-cache. These tests were done with
UPS_OVERRIDE=-B and the command
time setup -B larsoft v1_01_00 -q+e5:+debug.
External package changes.¶
[ Letter changes indicate local patch or build changes ].
ROOT 5.34.18a (local patch to improve behavior of
Genie 2.8.0f (uses
Pandora 00.13c (uses
- Feature #1460: Dump configuration by process name from data file.
- Feature #3639: Recovering Parameter Sets used to Configure Services
- Feature #5690: FCL file parameters not properly tracked
- Feature #5849: Investigate memory behaviour of toy attenuation calibration jobs
- Bug #5773: config_dumper can not read files in dCache via xrootd
- fhicl-cpp - Bug #6052: FHiCL type traits
is_numericmisbehave under Mac OS X.