Testing new setups* scripts¶
To test new setups* scripts:
- make backups of your .bash_profile, .profile, .login, .shrc, and .cshrc files.
- Change occurances in your .bash_profile, .profile, .login, .shrc, .cshrc files from:
- ssh into your account from another window, (to make sure it works well enough that you can back it out)
- if the ssh fails
- put a "set -x" in your .bash_profile, .profile, .bashrc
- try the ssh again and save the output
- back out the changes to .bash_profile, .profile, .bashrc, etc.
- and report failure and output to email@example.com
- Otherwise proceed with usual activities, report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org