For a Quick Start see Getting Started Using UPS.
The software for experiments rely on external tools. These packages and tools are referred to as external products, or simply products. Access to external products is provided via Unix Product Support (UPS). UPS supports installation of multiple versions of a product and multiple builds per version, and switching between them as needed.
The User's Guide and Reference for UPS and UPD (Unix Product Distribution) was updated in May 2014, and is available at: Reference Manual TOC
If you notice any errors, bad links, or misinformation, please note them in Errors in UPS/UPD Document.
If you're looking for how to get started, you may be interested in Getting Started Using UPS.
Examples Using UPS¶Some of the things that can be done include:
- Install a product via tar.
- Determine the flavor of your machine to know what product to use.
- Set up a product with qualifiers.
- Finding dependencies for a product.
- List information about products on a distribution node.
- Details on any UPS command.
- How to build a UPS product, with a simple example.
- Information about Version files.
- See the database layout, both traditional and unified layout.