Welcome to the MicroBooNE offline software project.¶
For now there's no pubic build. You must download the uBooNE code to your usual LArSoft test release area and build there. When we have lots more code we'll consider a nightly build and more administration.Here are the instructions to use the uBooNE offline svn repository.
- Go setup yourself up to work with LArSoft as instructed at https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/larsoftsvn/wiki.
- Make yourself a test release in the usual way,
newrel -t development dirname.
cd dirnameand say
svn co svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/cvs/projects/ubooneoffline/trunk/GENIEextractor, for example.
cd include; and say
ln -s ../GENIEextractor/ .(don't forget the dot) and then cd back to the top dirname.
- gmake GENIEextractor.all, and construct your fcl file and run
lar -c myjobscript.fclas usual.
- Be sure and
svn ci -m "helpful comment" svn+ssh://email@example.com/cvs/projects/ubooneoffline/trunk GENIEextractorand
svn update svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/cvs/projects/ubooneoffline/trunkfrequently.
- You can export (bash) setenv (csh) CVSROOT to svn+ssh://email@example.com/cvs/projects/ubooneoffline/ or svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/cvs/projects/larsoftsvn/trunk/ as you work with each repository and thus not need to spell it out each time, if you find that to be less unwieldy.
- editing the appropriate cvsroot file under $SRT_DIST/packages
- making a setup/packages-development with each new uBooNE offline package itemized
- coding up the SRT_UB/scripts/lar*.sh,.csh to be executed under a cron job for a nightly build.
- spending a day to make it all work, at which point addpkg_svn will be available and obviate the need to make the link and to fully specify the cumbersome svn+shh://repository path.
- Feel free, uBooNE collaborator to do those, or other things....