Checklist for starting or restarting PUBS projects¶
- Update the run table to contain the runs and subruns you want processed.
- The data run table data is called mainrun. This table is automatically updated.
- MC usually has its own dedicated run table (e.g. mcrun or mcc7runtable). MC runtables usually have only "Run 1" and a large number of subruns.
- You can create and fill your own run table using the following command (subrun numbers start at 0).
$PUB_TOP_DIR/sbin/fill_runtable --name <runtable> --run <run-number> --nsubruns <nsubruns>
- Update project configuration xml and cfg files (refer to the previous article).
- If you want to restart an existing project, do the following.
- Disable or delete the existing project. If necessary, reset the statuses from the previous project down to what you want them to be.
- Make sure no batch jobs from the previous project are running.
- Delete old and unneeded output from the old project from disk.
- Delete old generated xml files.
- Delete old PUBS log files.
- Register the new project
- Enable the project (if not enabled in the config file).
- Start daemon (if not already running).