Power Outage Planning » History » Version 2
Power Outage Planning¶
- System experts need passwords:
- PMT: Slow Controls HV power-supply control.
- TPC: glassman connection.
- We need a DAQ configuration that configures the ASICs. Examples from the past is config 768. Take data for any amount of time. Once run starts ASICs are configured. Make sure run does not re-start or you will re-configure the ASICs.
- If you want to take data during ramp-up or ramp-down and the PMTs are off you will need a config which has an unbiased trigger and goes to the TestRun folder.
A power-outage schedule to guide planning can be found below. Outages generally start early in the morning, so this guide assumes the power-down procedure will take place the day before. In the plan below
- The cryo system should be down for as little time as possible to prevent buildup of impurities and a degradation of our electron lifetime.
- The ASIC LV should be powered up as soon as this is possible. The ASIC LV powers the diodes which protect our electronics, hence the urgency.
- Subsystem dependencies:
- TPC HV, ASIC LV, and wire-bias HV should come up only after the Cryo system is on.
- Data taking in BeamOff or Physics mode requires PMTs to be on. This is because otherwise PUBS will not be able to process incoming files.