- Table of contents
- OnlineMonitoring FF
How to setup using Firefox¶
Get an account with ubdaq-prod-ws01.fnal.gov¶
If you do not have one open a ticket with the Fermilab Service desk
- Go to Self Service
- Under "request things" click "General Requests"
- Go to "Create a New Scientific Computing Request"
- Request access to ubdaq-prod-ws01.fnal.gov
- Confirm you can ssh to the daq machines.
Configure your ssh tunnel¶
You need to have a Host and dynamic forward to a four digit number you must remember for future setup (for example, we will use '8881').
- go to your home directory
$ cd ~/
- Use an editor and edit your configuration file (nano will work)
$ nano .ssh/config
- set up a Host (I'll call mine ws). It should look something like this;
(This sets up a sock v5 proxy)
Save your changes and close nano.
Change your proxy settings¶
Assuming you don't have proxy software, we'll download one (we'll use FoxyProxy for this walkthrough).
- Open Firefox, go to "Tools"-> "Add-Ons".
- Search for "FoxyProxy".
- Install "FoxyProxy Standard".
- Select "Extensions" and then Select "Restart Now" to complete installation.
- Go back to "Tools" -> "Add-Ons" -> "Extensions", highlight "FoxyProxy Standard" and then click "Preferences"
- Click "Add a New Proxy" -> "Manual Proxy Configuration".
- Under General name the proxy localhost:8881 (or whatever 4 digit number you are using from before)
- Under Details make a manual configuration that should look like this:
- Allow a URL pattern (call it near1) to *ubdaq-prod-near1.fnal.gov/*. Allow whitelist and pattern type wildcard. It should look like this;
- After saving your settings, under "Select Mode" select "Use proxies based on their pre-defined patterns and priorities"
SSH to ubdaq-prod-ws01.fnal.gov
- If you're following these instructions, then the command should be;
$ ssh ws
leave this tunnel open
Go to the Monitor Lizard¶
- In your address bar enter
You should now be looking at the Online Monitor Lizard.