For "common" area, current plans are:
/cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/packages/common-- area with
- new spack installed packages
- spack_to_ups declares of
The idea is that you can use the common area to access software needed.
The .../common area will be setup with the ups modules enabled, so adding
/cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/packages/common/share/spack/upsdb to your
$PRODUCTS2 environment variable will let
you use new spack-installed products via ups "setup".
You can make a new spack area using the above areas as upstreams to let you install packages locally.
We're providing the "make_subspack" script to make this easier.
We will work with Dave Dykstra to provide scripts to add to his existing cron jobs that update fermilab.opensciencegrid.org and will add products from a list to the cvmfs area. Adding packages to /cvmfs will involve
- building a spack buildcache image in a spack area with a long enough path
- the package relocation tools cannot make library paths longer.
- making a "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious_padding/spack" directory on buildmaster works
- copying it into the site buildcache spack-cache-1.fnal.gov
- scp via products@fifeutilgpvm01: and
- rebuilding the index.html
- Add package spec to package list (/grid/fermiapp/.common-spack-packagelist?)
- wait for cron job