- Table of contents
- SeaQuest Backup
Backup of raw data¶Using the transfer script, /seaquest/bin/transfer, the CODA files of the mainDAQ and scalerDAQ are transferred from the private network to the ReadyNAS and from there transferred to tape.
- There is a cron job on the mainDAQ decoding server, e906-gat4, for transferring the mainDAQ CODA files from e906daq1 to the ReadyNAS. The cron job is located in /etc/cron.daily/transfer-mainDAQ.cron. The mainDAQ CODA files are stored in /seaquest/data/mainDAQ.
- There is a cron job on the scalerDAQ server and scalerDAQ decoding server, e906sc2, for transferring the scalerDAQ CODA files from e906sc2 to the ReadyNAS. The cron job is located in /etc/cron.daily/transfer-scalerDAQ.cron. The scalerDAQ CODA files are stored in /seaquest/data/scalerDAQ.
- There are two cron jobs on e906-gat1 for transferring the mainDAQ and scalerDAQ CODA files from the ReadyNAS to the ENSTORE STKEN mass storage. The cron jobs for the mainDAQ and scalerDAQ are scheduled at 1:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. respectively. Right now, the cron jobs are run as super user:
e906-gat1:~ crontab -l 0 1 * * * /seaquest/data/cron/backup-mainDAQ.cron 0 2 * * * /seaquest/data/cron/backup-scalerDAQ.cron
We have the requirement of duplicate copies of our raw data. CD-LTO4F1 is our primary library at FCC, CD-LTOFGS is where the copies are located at GCC. Our data get automatically duplicated. We need to copy the data only once to our primary library. The "Date Storage and Movement Group" is responsible for this task. Shortly after the analysis meeting on Thursday, I will explain what this means and add the links to check our tape status.
- add the beamDAQ data
- run cron jobs as user seaquestbackup user
- try to mount the /pnfs via NFSv4