GMC is a Monte Carlo program used to simulate the results of e906. It includes a dimuon generator based off of FastMC and also a background generator. After the particles are generated, Geant4 is used to track them through the spectrometer. The best way to install GMC is through the SeaQuest software distribution due to the large number of dependencies that are automatically downloaded and setup for you. Directions are in document 1066 on the doc-db, starting on page 8.
- GMC Productions: List and descriptions of most up to date GMC data productions.
- GMC Versions: List of changes between different versions. Less detail than the repository page.
- GMC Output: Description of GMC output and how to interpret it.
- GMC Installation: Instructions on installing GMC.
- GMC User's Guide: Instructions on using GMC to produce output.
- Running GMC on Fermigrid: Instructions on submitting GMC jobs to Fermigrid.
- GMC Geometry Tables: List and descriptions of tables in the geometry schema used by GMC.
- GMC Geometry Versions: List of changes between different versions.