March 2016 LArIAT S3 Notes » History » Version 4
Kurt Biery, 03/27/2016 05:18 PM
h1. March 2016 LArIAT S3 Notes
Setting up the Snapshot Service running on lariat-wbm.fnal.gov... (25-Mar-2016, KAB)
From the _root_ account:
* 'chown tomcat.tomcat /opt/if-wbm/webapps'
* 'mkdir /scratch/wbm-support-tomcat/s3-images'
* 'chown tomcat.tomcat /scratch/wbm-support-tomcat/s3-images'
* added "JkMount /snapshot/* ajp13" to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
* 'apachectl -k graceful'
From the _tomcat_ account:
* 'cd /opt/wbm-support-tomcat/webapps/'
* 'tar -xvf ~/snapshotWebapp_v1.6b2_java1.7.0_67.tar.gz'
* made copies of SnapshotProducer.jnlp and ProducerAccess.xml in /opt/wbm-support-tomcat/webapps/snapshot/internal using the ".raw" template files in the same directory and modified these files for use on lariat-wbm and only allow access from 131.225.*.* producers
* modified the ShowImageList.jsp file in /opt/wbm-support-tomcat/webapps/snapshot to avoid the compiler error when using Comparator - this means that the list of thumbnails may not be sorted by name *(TODO - fix this in a better way)*
* to restart the Tomcat server, I would 'cd /opt/wbm-support-tomcat/bin' and run './shutdown.sh' and './startup.sh'.
*NOTE*: at the moment, the S3 images directory is still under $TOMCAT_WEBAPPS, which is on the root disk partition that only has 16 GB total. I tried various methods to get Tomcat to allow us to use a symbolic link to put the images on the /scratch disk, but none of those seemed to work. (The methods that I tried included webapps/snapshot/META-INF, conf/context.xml, and conf/server.xml) *TODO - move the images directory*