See instruction/documentation/etc. at the artdaq-daqinterface page: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/artdaq-utilities/wiki/Artdaq-daqinterface.To setup a develop area for sbndaq on your own account, follow these steps:
- Login to a machine on the desired DAQ cluster. For example:
and then do:
setup sbndaq v#_##_## -q e17:prof:s82
- Make sure you have the
sbndaqrepository pulled down in your working area (for setting up a working area, see the Installation Instructions)
- Setup the common sbndaq local products area:
- Setup the latest version of wibtools we are based:
and then do:
setup wibtools v0_00_10 -q e17
- To check the latest version of sbndaq you can do:
mrb i -j8
- Go to the sbndaq repository pulled down in your working area by going up one directory:
- To run the DAQInterface go to the correct directory:
- Now you will need to edit the following files.
a) edit the known_boardreaders_list file
emacs known_boardreaders_listMake sure that the wib101 is included there and put it under
b) edit the boot.txt file
emacs boot.txtPut the EventBuilder1, DataLogger1 and Dispatcher1 in
localhostand comment out the two more EventBuilders and three more DataLoggers.
c) edit the MessageFacility.fcl file
emacs MessageFacility.fcland make sure that host is
localhost. In the current git repository it is
d) edit the wib101.fcl file in the directory configs/standard
emacs configs/standard/wib101.fcland make sure that the WIB address is
sbnd-wib101and WIB metrics dim IDName is
- At this point make sure that you are in the correct directory namely:
- Edit the run file
emacs runand set the daqcomponents by adding
setdaqcomps.sh wib101in the code and commenting out the all the other
setdaqcomps. This identifies which fickle file it will be using.
- At this point it is advisable to open up another terminal and login to the machine on the desired DAQ cluster. For example:
ssh <username>@sbnd-daq00.fnal.govwe do this because the build environment is different than the run environment. For future references the old terminal you have been using for steps 1-10 will be called the first window and the new terminal will be called the second window.
- In the second window go to the correct directory:
- In both windows, do:
- In the second window introduce the DAQInterface:
DAQInterface &You should get a message like
DAQInterface in partition 3 launched and now in "stopped" state, listening on port 13000
- In the first window do:
source ./runOn running this command you should get a message in the first window like
Nil booting bottingand in the second window you should get a message like
Sun Jul 28 18:36:24 CDT 2019: BOOT transition underway
- After the process is complete, in the first window you will get a message like
Killing DAQInterface listening on partition 3and it will hang up. We expect it to crash because we have not finished converting the wibtools. You can Control+C it. In the second window if you scroll up a little you will find a message like
localhost:13100; try checking logfile sbnd-daq00.fnal.gov:/daq/log/wib101-sbnd-daq00-13100/wib101-sbnd-daq00-13100-20190725133000-16383.log
You can open up the logfile and check for error messages. Sometimes there will be a lot of informational messages and sometimes the crash will not be obvious. We will stop here for now and will update this wiki page after wibtools have been updated.
- To list all info messages created by the WIBReader_generator, search for WIBReader in the trace buffer:
tshow | grep WIBReader
Anything starting with TLOG in the Board Reader will be sent to the trace circular buffer. Prior to starting DAQInterface you should run the command treset to clear the trace buffer, to avoid confusion with previous runs.