Installation instructions » History » Version 2
This will be filled out in more detail with time, but for the moment this should get one started:
1. Login to the desired machine using your own account.
2. Setup the common artdaq products area. For the DAB teststand, this is currently:
3. Setup the version of sbndaq we are based. To see a list of the different available versions, use
ups list -aK+ sbndaq
It's recommended you use the latest available version with e15:prof as the option. Then, to set up, use:
setup sbndaq v#_##_## -qe15:prof
Note, if you must, you can use the 'icarus' or 'sbnd' qualifiers.
If you just want to run, that's it!
But, if you need to build/install, then continue with setting up an MRB area:
4. Setup necessary environment variable and create the mrb area in a new directory of your choosing:
setup mrb mkdir <your_working_area> cd <your_working_area> export MRB_PROJECT=sbndaq mrb newDev source localProducts_*/setup
5. Pull down and build the necessary repositories using mrb like so:
cd $MRB_SOURCE mrb g <repo name>
Repository names right now are:
icarus-artdaq-base sbndaq-artdaq-core sbndaq-artdaq sbndaq
To build, do
cd $MRB_BUILDDIR mrbsetenv mrb i -j32 mrbslp
6. To rebuild, you will often only need to do:
cd $MRB_BUILDDIR make -j32 install
But, if you add another repository to your srcs area, it's usually best to rebuild everything:
cd $MRB_BUILDDIR mrb z mrbsetenv mrb i -j32 mrbslp
7. There's often a bug to put put things into the write-access repository. In the appropriate srcs area, you can do this:
git remote set-url origin ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/cvs/projects/sbndaq-artdaq
Of course, replace
sbndaq-artdaq with the right repository.