Meeting March 22 2015 » History » Version 1
Soon Jun, 05/22/2015 10:17 AM
h1. Meeting March 22 2015
Here a short summary of today meeting with Lucio.
1. access to the repository
for the time being, use the private-key, but will try to switch to use kerberos when the port is open.
Lucio successfully pushed his updates (I/O related) to the repository and also added an item in wike page
2. new items on the wiki page
- Stepper accuracy: parameters involved (by Lucio)
- Geant4 Particle Transportation (by Soon)
(the plot in the bottom is broken. Soon will reload the file later)
3. Items that we lightly touched but should be discussed in depth at the next meeting(s).
- how do we compare computing performance of QSS/Geant4 with a pair-basis?
(i.e., deltaQ in QSS vs. deltaStep in Geant4 or the error size?)
- performance profiler (to understand performance of CPU and memory or to optimize codes later)
- we may try one more benchmarking example with little more complicated geometry
and a non-constant magnetic field (but still a simple polynomial)
- once we understand the basic performance, then should try QSS on a realistic experimental setup
(typical HEP detector and magenetic field map)
- how to integrate the QSS solver into the Geant4 framework ?
- how to validate physics results and stability
- how to vectorize/parallelize QSS or make it coprocessors (GPU/MIC) friendly
- and etc.
4. We will try to meeting in a week at the same time if there is no conflict.