Discussed #8010 Requirements gathering meetings
- Agreed to have whole team come to requirements gathering mtgs
- Picked initial experiment list
- Discussed what we need to ask folks, updated in #8010
- Will collect minutes from r.g. meetings, then combine into Requirements doc
- Recommended folks try the Django tutorial
- Marc will begin scheduling meetings for next week.
- Need to gather requirements for job launching.
- Requests need approval/disapproval. OPG (offline production group) has a form to streamline the request process.
- System needs to keep track of what jobs were submitted and whether or not they succeeded.
- What types of categories do these production jobs fall under?
- Need to find the production people from the experiments, even the newer ones like g-2 and mu2e.
- Exchange calendar?
- OPG is only doing nova right now (keep up processing). Minos is in the works for them.
- Talk to Kirby to find out who we should speak with on microboone.
- System needs to make sure it doesn't submit too many jobs at once. The batch system has its own system to make things fair for users and experiments.
- Jobs are currently prioritized by OPG.
- If job fails, then you need to explore the condor logs.
- A systems statuses would be good to have in a dashboard. Is SAM down, etc.
- Product of the jobs are datasets.
- Reprocessing happens sometimes. Need to make sure there is no overlapping.