Project

General

Profile

February 6th

Date:

02/07/2018 The meeting has been moved to February 7th.

Attendees:

Anna M, Steve W, Margaret V, Marc M, Robert I, Brandon W, Vladimir P, Yuyi G, Margherita VW.

Agenda:

- Plans for SBND and ICARUS.

- Integration DB - plans to have an "integration instance for a release candidate that experimenters (and developers) can test" .

- AOB

Discussion:

1) Plans for SBND and ICARUS

ANNA:
Show latest version of POMS to experiment.
Make sure latest release works with project.py as back compatibility (ProtoDUNE/DUNE ran using project.py).
Marc also started writing a general config file so that it can be used by the production teams as a template and a guide for best practices.

STEVE:
what is it?

MARC:
File to dump the whole workflow and definitions so experiment can use it and edit for their needs. Draft to dump all tags campaign.No upload piece yet.

ANNA:
It is to guide the experiment on what they need to provide. Most of the time at the beginning they don’t know all pieces they need to build a workflow..
From POMS side we need the config file to upload info in the database so then we can see them in the interface.
There is a piece I don’t know yet how it can works: all info are provided using the in the web browser, how does the config file translate to the interface?

MARGARET:
If I go to Redmine, I don’t see the focus on all this. Need to have the clump of issues for new release.

ANNA:
Will put in redmine

2) Integration DB - plans to have an "integration instance for a release candidate that experimenters (and developers) can test" .

ANNA:
Need dedicated meeting with Steve and Marc to discuss the implementation

Action items

  • Things for the on-boarding meeting with SBND and ICARUS
    • Integration database - Need a copy for the meeting - Need use cases for copy from production.
    • Test workflow that is using fife_launch. Marc and Anna
    • Dependency of products and poms client? – goes away with fife launch.
    • Steve will think about documentation – Marc will send link.
  • Primary goals of next release – mid March
    • Workflow as config file
    • Cleanup of history records
    • Make integration available to end users for testing
    • Marc owns certs from POMS. Check with Mine to see if this can avoided.
  • Next release ASAP after that (although people can be working on it parallel. Perhaps on a different branch)
    • Campaign management
    • Cloning workflow
  • Coordinator and analysis role further development can wait for six months.
  • Requirements for archiving:
    • Set up dedicated meeting with Steve and Marc
    • Set up a meeting with stakeholders to collect needs.