Project

General

Profile

August 22nd

Date:
08/22/2017

Attendees:
Anna M, Steve W., Brian Y., Robert I.,Marc M., Joe B.,Brandon W., Margherita V.W., Yuyi

Agenda:
- News (Anna)
- POMS v2_2_0 status (All)
- New layout update (Vladimir)
- AOB

Discussion:

1. News

ANNA:
POMS was mentioned in the DUNE collaboration meeting.
Two talks were presented, one by me, one by Tingjun on MCC8.

2. POMS v2_2_0 status

ANNA:
Release day set to Aug 29th (postponed by a week).

JOE:
Grafana plots are there, need to update task.

MARC:
It's important to make this release since there are many improvements.

ANNA:
It's still show only 71% done so there is a concern that can be ready.
Please everyone update their tasks.

3. New layout update

ANNA:
We need to make sure it fits the experiments needs.
One of the major changes are the statistics of campaigns.
Vladimir worked a new layout so that all the campaign info is still available.
Need to include caching. Steve and Vladimir are discussing ideas for this.

MARC:
There are actually 2 parts to consider, archiving AND caching.
90% of the DB size is due to old information so archiving is very important.

ANNA:
For that we need to mark a campaign as inactive. It was decided to mark a campaign as inactive if nothing happens for a week.
This was also a request from NOvA who opened a ticket.

MARC:
Even for an active campaign but old and inactive submissions could be archived.
We will work on a proposal to have a schema change for handling archiving.

STEVE:
The "week" to be the cut-off for inactivity time should be configurable.

VLADIMIR:
Presentation of new layout.
Added campaign statistics and when you select campaigns you can see all the info as before.
Filtering is persistent when you refresh the page.

STEVE:
This is also where caching should be setup..

MARC:
We should have two types of caching for active and inactive campaigns.
One more thing to add to new layout is a column to select on tags.

ANNA:
This would be really good to group campaigns. This should be really good for Nova.
How long would it take to implement caching/archiving? Could we have it for upcoming
release?

STEVE:
It should be too hard but let's roll out the new release without it.

ANNA:
Ok, we will release new version and advertise it to the experiments and see what
they think.
New release is also important for me since i submit jobs for Protodune...

YUYI:
Question about testing suite. Do we have anything for testing web pages?

MARC:
Testing suite is for basic api changes. There are not that many web pages so
I typically go through them to see if all works after all changes are in; it
takes about half hour so it's not bad.
We could setup Selenium but out GUI is not that big to need that.

ANNA:
We need to agree about this point. Let's continue to think about.so we will deplay next week. Need to update Wiki page with the changes and
add release notes.

Action Items:

- Deploy new release next week.
- Update release note in the wiki page.