Project

General

Profile

August 22

Date:
07/22/2017

Attendees:
Anna , Steve, Brandon, Brian, Marc, Margherita, Vladimir, Robert, Joe, Yuyi

Agenda:
- News (Anna)
- v2_2_0 status (All)
- New layout update (Vladimir)
- AOB

Discussion:

1. News

ANNA:
POMS was mentioned in the DUNE collaboration meeting.
Two talks were presented, one by me, one by Tinjun on MCC8.

2. v2_2_0 status

ANNA:
Release day set to Aug 29th (postponed by a week).

JOE:
Grafana plots are there, need to update task.

MARC:
It's important to make this release since there are many improvements.

ANNA:
Agree. It's still show only 71% done so there is a concern that can be ready.
Please everyone update their tasks.

3. New layout update

ANNA:
We need to make sure it fits the experiments needs.
Vladimir worked a new layout so that all the campaign info are still available in a page as he will show.
Need to include caching. Steve and Vladimir are discussing ideas for this.

MARC:
There are actually 2 parts to consider, archiving AND caching.
90% of the DB size is due to old information so archiving is very important.

ANNA:
It's also important to correctly show he status of a campaign (active or inactive).
It was decided to mark a campaign as inactive if nothing happens for a week (see Alex's request)

MARC:
Even for active campaign but old and inactive submissions could be archived.
We will work on a proposal to have a schema change for handling archiving.

STEVE:
The "week" to be the cut-off for inactivity time should be configurable. Different experiment can have different needs.

VLADIMIR:
Presentation of the new layout.
Added campaign statistics and when you select campaigns you can see all the info as before.
Filtering is persistent when you refresh the page.

STEVE:
This is also where caching should be setup..

MARC:
We should have two types of caching for active and inactive campaigns.
One more thing to add to new layout is a column to select on tags.

ANNA:
This would be really good to group campaigns. This should be really good for Nova;
Alex Himmel was the one who wanted ability to create subsets.
How long would it take to implement caching/archiving? Could we have it for upcoming
release?

STEVE:
It should be too hard but let's roll out the new release without it.

ANNA:
OK, we will release this new version in a week and advertise it to the experiments and see what
they think. I would prefer this than having their feedback before.
Different experiments can have different opinions and in any case we need those changes for performance purposes (everybody agrees).
This new release is also important because it makes the work much easier for users.

5. AOB

YUYI:
Question about testing suite. Do we have anything for testing web pages?

MARC:
Testing suite is for basic api changes. There are not that many web pages so
I typically go through them to see if all works after all changes are in;
it takes about half hour so it's not bad.
We could setup Selenium but out GUI is not that big to need that.

Action items:
We will deploy next week.
Need to update Wiki page with the changes and add release notes.