The main goal of OPOS seminars is to help members of the team and experimenters to further develop knowledge and skills. In consequence, the team and experimenters will be able to generate better solutions to different challenges. Moreover, it is also a way to transfer the knowledge and experience among different teams.
The seminar is the opportunity to transfer knowledge and experience. Nowdays knowladge transfer is one of the big challenges in organizations. It is also the opportunity to consolidate material and consolidate a knowledge database with the contents developed during the seminar.
Discuss a specific topic in each seminar session that should be related with the seminar general theme. For each session one OPOS member will be the leader of the session. The session leader will be on charge of all related aspects in order to have the session, for example prepare the topic, contact the expert, reserve the room, among others. Although, others team members should read about the topic and prepare questions in order to make each session more useful.
The seminars should have:
- A general description with the topic and goals inside a wikipage in redmine.
- A calendar with the agenda per session.
- A link in the wikipage with all material used in the sessions (slides, books, papers, etc)
|| Felipe Alba: Basics concepts about elastic search.
|| Paola Buitrago: Kibana as a tool. Advantage and disadvantage.
|| Qiulan Huang: Log mining for the currently application (script emphasis) and Future works.
|| Jason Bono: mu2e Experiment overview.
|| Robert Fine: MINERvA Experiment overview and workflows
|| Alexander Himmel NOvA Experiment overview and workflows
|| Jorge Diaz. Phedex, CMS, Data transfer team
|| Gaston Lyons. Site Support
|| Natalia M. Ratnikova Space usage monitoring for distributed heterogeneous data storage systems.
|| Juan Mosquera. Gratia Web Services
|| Jeny Teheran. Security in Fermilab and OSG
Link to all PDF on dropbox.¶
You can find the material in each seminar or you can get all of them (slides) in the following link:
Possible Future Topics.
Experiments workflows and concepts (status: in progress, if you want to help just pick the link and start to work)¶
* Scrum development methodology (status: designing the seminar, if you want to help just pick the link and start to work)¶
* Security in Fermilab and OSG (status: designing the seminar, if you want to help just pick the link and start to work)¶
* Infrastructure (status: designing the seminar, if you want to help just pick the link and start to work)¶
Other possible topics for seminars:
- if you have any topic don't hesitate on adding it below or if you want to work designing one of those seminars just go ahead.