First watchdog meeting with ready talk screen sharing - Think it was a hit
Lots of discussion about a FD issue last night, which saw rates drop across whole detector alot. It appears to start and finish with a timing sync.
Cause is unknown but DAQ experts are now looking into it.
Even more discussion on how the shifters totally failed to notice the issue.
- If shifters answer "can not explain" on nearline form, make them fill about a more detailed from looking at more metrics to see if they can figure it out.
- Do we want shifters to fill out a similar form at some point during their shift any way?
- After a sync have shifters look at detector after a sync and confirm that things are still ok.
- Can we make shifters come to watchdog meeting?
ND is still quiet after water leak.
New ND good runs plots. Run duration plot and timing peak plots are missing.
Action => someone should email Barnali
- Action => Are low and high ADC values in the right place?
I have a update at the operations meeting. Notes from that are:
Operation meeting notes/comments
Jaroslav liked idea have a more idea detailed nearline form. So we can work on getting that sorted.
I asked about how often shifter should do nearline and suggestion was at end of every run. Far detector runs being normally just less than 4 hours.
We did not discuss how often for ND.
Alec requested that new OnMon be rolled out soon. Jaroslav like the idea.
*Jaroslav asked about the possibility of OnMon reference plots.
Discussion of making shifters do checks after a sync. Shifters should see FEBs come back in OnMon and check event display.
*Maybe a form they fill out confirming this? With pictures?
*There was discussion of why of many ND runs are bad. Seem to be mainly(?) due to low POT subruns? Confirmation would be nice.