Test Beam Shift Bulletin Board » History » Version 45
Test Beam Shift Bulletin Board¶
Welcome to the NOvA Test Beam shift bulletin board! Look here for relevant information about the current status of operations.
Run Coordinating & Experts¶
- Run Coordinator: Mike Wallbank (331-814-6766)
- Deputy Run Coordinator: None currently (call Mike)
- See here for current NOvA DAQ on-call experts: http://dbweb6.fnal.gov:8080/ECL/nova/C/show_month
Current Running Conditions¶
- Commissioning with first beam after shut-down!
- Run both detector and beamline DAQs to collect data.
Current DAQ Configurations¶
on: WCCOINC MWPCOFF SWYDGATE
with the WC coincidence on 3 out of 4.
- Configuration: TestBeam_AllTrigs_HalfDetector
Current Digitizer Configurations¶
- Digitizer rate: 2.5 GHz
- Every time a beamline run ends, or at the end of your shift, please add it to the table at Commissioning runs.
- The detector is now interlocked with environmental monitoring, so if there is an environment alarm, the HV and LV power supplies will shutdown, preventing damage to APDs and FEBs. However, you should keep an eye on the "PLC Dry Gas & Water" synoptic display, in case the HVAC freezes or the water chiller trips. If the HVAC stops cooling MC7 (most likely triggering an environment dew point alarm), the water chiller should be stopped, to prevent condensation on the water lines flowing through the detector, until the HVAC is recovered. If the water chiller stops working (most likely triggering an Inlet APD Water Temp alarm), a picture of the front panel in the water chiller should be taken, and the water chiller should be stopped until it can be recovered. More information is found under: Environment Emergency Procedures
Temporary Things To Be Aware Of!¶
- If the VNC crashes, it can be reopened from the icon on the desktop. This will pop up a terminal and open up the display. If the terminal doesn't close on its own, please close it yourself otherwise the VNC may not start properly.
- The beamline DQM is still a little flaky, and we're working on it. Try restarting a few times if it crashes, it normally works. If you can't get it to work, and you're concerned about the quality of the data, contact the on-call expert.