NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2012/04/30¶
Attendance: Jon, Alex, Raphael, Susan, Nick, Denis, Athans, Minerba, Brian M., Ruth,
- Beam and Detector Update
- DataCheck Report
- Installation Plans for the week
- DAQ Update and Plans for the week
- DCS Update and Plans for the week
Beam and Detector Report¶
- All seems to going fine. 12 APDs are being actively purged and cooled, no problems seen so far (it's been about a week).
- Mat did remote pedestal scans over the weekend using the VNC.
Installation plans for this week¶
- The plan was to put new DCMs on
- Leon will arrive tonight/tomorrow and Mat and Leon will begin installing
- will start installing on downstream end of 3rd diblock and work their way upstream
- 200 silicone-coated APDs
- purge system is installed everywhere on NDOS
- end of next week: should all of diblock 3 instrumented and most of 2nd diblock too.
- still waiting for new boxes to arrive, but we have enough FEBs.
- should be able to do ~30/day
DAQ Update and Plans for next week¶
- Peter: would like to do some more partitioning tests. Denis is currently working on making necessary modifications to DataLogger.
- Kurt: would like to try new version of AppMgr
DCS Update and Plans for next week¶
- APD cooling monitoring SW (v2.0) is ready for deployment (new IOCs are running now).
- Alarming discussion will be held on Thursday
- Mat: some people have started to volunteer to do "skeleton shifts" (Brian M. has started). Athans: how will shifters be trained? Mat: will modify shift wiki with input from Brian.
- Mat: we should do