NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2012/04/09¶
Attendance: Jon, Athans, Peter, Andrew, Mat, Gavin, Enrique, Minerba, Nate, Denis, Susan,
- Beam and Detector Update
- DataCheck Report
- Installation Plans for the week
- DAQ Update and Plans for the week
- DCS Update and Plans for the week
Beam and Detector Report¶
- DAQ ran smoothly through this weekend. This morning Jon stopped the run, did a DSO scan and started a new run. A short time later we stopped collecting data from the MC; Peter noticed that there were people working on the detector. A new run was started, but a few hours later a similar problem was found (two DCMs died during the run)
- none for this week
Installation plans for this week¶
- Mat: work on purge system is ~complete.
- Jon: we should test the robustness of the new DCMs this week by unplugging FEBs
DAQ Update and Plans for next week¶
- Peter: want to update software, sometime over the next couple of days.
- Jon found that run history has not made it to the DAQ dB since 3/27.
- Peter: VNC is set up on nova-daq-4, which will be for DAQ experts only. Will be very useful for ~remote control rooms.
- Gavin is tagging the offline now, so NDOS event display can move to a tagged version.
DCS Update and Plans for next week¶
- Athans: a few final tests of the IOC on the NDOS
- Jon: what's going on with pvArchiver? Athans: Kurt is working on it, will likely have a solution to test this week