NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2012/03/26¶
Attendance: Jon, Gavin, Athans, Peter, Gary, Jan, Susan, Jarek, Minerba, Leon
- Beam and Detector Update
- Cosmic Rate vs. Time in NDOS (Gavin)
- Warm vs. Cold APD Operations at NDOS (Peter)
- DataCheck Report (Jan)
- Installation Plans for the week
- DAQ Update and Plans for the week
- DCS Update and Plans for the week
Beam and Detector Report¶
- Peter: Detector synch problems Friday night, was very difficult to get a run going.
- Jon: we did not take good quality data over the weekend, shifters let runs go that were obviously unsynched.
Cosmic Rate plots for blessing (Gavin)¶
- Plot on slide 5 has been blessed!
- Does cooling actually give us the desired effect? (lower noise, higher gain)
- Gains of cooled APDs seems low. Leon: pretty much expected.
- Jon: we should modify the voltage settings for the few APDs that are/will be cooled in the short-term. Will work on calculating correct settings automatically for the long-term.
DataCheck Report (Jan):¶
- several runs
- a hot FEB
Installation plans for this week¶
- Leon: continuing purge system installation. Should finish this week, after which we'll be able to try to cool the newly installed APDs.
DAQ Update and Plans for next week¶
- Peter: plan to roll out new software tomorrow, mostly changes to RunControl and ResourceManagement.
- Jon: try partitioning later this week? Peter: perhaps.
DCS Update and Plans for next week¶
- Athans: Nothing to add.