NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2012/03/12¶
Attendance: Jon, Peter, Tomas, Martin, Leon, Mark, Mat, Andrew
- Beam and Detector Update
- DataCheck Report
- Installation Plans for the week
- DAQ Update and Plans for the week
- DCS Update and Plans for the week
Beam and Detector Report¶
- Last week's running generally went ok
- Last Friday, TDU in MINOS exhibited strange behavior (could not lock onto GPS signal). This was replaced by TDU from teststand. The failed TDU is still in MINOS for study.
- Today 4 new DCMs were installed along with a new TDU. The new DCMs and TDU have new hardware and firmware and are incompatible with the old DCMs and TDU. A run was successfully started earlier today with the old hardware only; experts are working now on getting the system up and running with the new hardware.
DataCheck Report (Jan):¶
- No report
Installation plans for this week¶
- Leon: plan to install APDs later this week. All parts should be here by Wed. afternoon.
- Mat: plan is to extend fiducial in both views upstream of currently instrumented
DAQ Update and Plans for next week¶
- Peter: Kurt did a DDS test of multicast scheme, would be good to continue these studies after the dust settles this week.
DCS Update and Plans for next week¶
- No report.
- Mat: we will need 38 channels of analog read-back for dry gas system; where should we run the labview? Need to get another monitor set up on the windows machine. Chad is helping Mat write the labview code.
- Mat: Carl R. took 2 cable harnesses off of the detector and replace the one cable from each that was attached to a DCM by a single (pre-tested) cable.