NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/11/10¶
Attendance: Jon, Leon, Jan, Nick, Mat, Art, Martin, Kurt, Andrew, Gary
- Beam and Detector Update
- Installation Plans for the next week
- DAQ Update and Plans for next week
- DCS Update and Plans for next week
Beam and Detector Report¶
- Mat: beam was off most of day yesterday for MI work, but otherwise beam was fine
- Art: MINOS ND had problems, so no shifters were in CR overnight, thus beam was
- Jon: any lost APDs? Mat: an additional uncoated, sealed & cooled APD was lost this morning. Leon would like leaky coated APD and other failed units to be removed from detector. Should take < 30 minutes. Jon: anytime is fine. Kurt: new dispatcher to be rolled out;
- Mat: nearline metrics have not yet been changed, and won't be until next week. Mat will leave a note on the whiteboard for shifters.
Installation plans for next week¶
- No plans for next week.
- Mat: we received 10 coated APDs from Hamamatsu, but coating thickness is being measured out at SciDet and these won't be available until ~Thanksgiving.
- Gary: what quality are these? Are these rejects? Leon: yes, but in general they look pretty good (good enough for our needs now)
DAQ Update and Plans for next week¶
- no plans reported
DCS Update and Plans for next week¶
- PS at NDOS will be replaced next Tuesday morning. PS at teststand will be replaced on Wednesday. Work should take < 2 hours on detector.
- Jan: entry by Mat in ECL: number of active channels was decreasing over time during a run, and problem went away after hitting the red button. Jon: in the future we should stop the run, instead of doing this in the middle of a run.