NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/09/19¶
Attendance: Jon, Martin, Kurt, Susan, Nick, Rafael, Alex, Enrique, Mat, Denis, Minerba, Gary, Peter
- Beam & Detector Update
- DAQ Status & Plans
- DCS Status & Plans
Beam & NDOS Update¶
- NuMI target is to be installed today. Beam should start up again on the 22nd.
- Shifter last night managed to kill all processes related to startRunControl.sh by killing the terminal where these processes were started. Moving towards iconified, x-window-less start-ups of the DAQ software would help reduce the probability of something like this happening again.
DAQ Status & Plans¶
- Kurt: possibly some base release updates (CfgMgr GUI, etc.)
- Jon: possibly RC and RsrcMgr updates on detector later this week
- Peter: FTS? FTS has not transferred files since Sept. 13. We'll need to track down Andrew N. to deal with this.
DCS Status & Plans¶
- overview screen on monitor updated to show only FEB temperature alarm status
- continue to work on getting GUI to control cooling, etc.
- one more icon will be made available to kill the DCS monitor. Use this if monitor freezes or if one tries to reopen CSS and can't seem to get a session going. Effort in progress to understand why this is happening.
- Gary: what's the schedule for APD delivery. Mat: one silicone-coated APD should arrive sometime this week which will be installed and operated cold. Other APDs probably won't be arriving until early Oct.