NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/09/01¶
Attendance: Jon, Mat, Chad, Mark Mathis, Enrique, Athans, Philip, Peter, Minerba, Jarek, Chris, Zeb, Nick, Jan, Susan, Leon, Gavin, Martin
- DAQ Update
- DCS Update
- Beam & Detector Update
- DataCheck Update
- BNB Event Update
- DSO on multiple channels simultaneously
- Peter: nothing major; there were a few updates that the DAQ group wanted to implement but haven't had time. Perhaps tomorrow (before noon).
- Jon: no timing issues? Peter: everything looks fine lately.
- smoke alarm was triggered during power outage, needs to be added to a checklist for when power outage occurs.
- scripts will now check to make sure crate is powered on. Also, scripts have been cleaned up.
Beam & Detector Update¶
- Jon: spoke to Chuck Andrews; he will send Jon a brief summary of what was done on Tues. morning, but basically said that in general the grounding looked ok, although there is room for improvement.
- Mat: went to NDSB and tried to recreate DAQ fallover by touching detector and shuffling things around. Tried removing e-box cover, no problem. Tried running shop-vac, no problem. Ran shop-vac + removed e-box cover, and the DAQ fell over. Peter restarted the DAQ but they were unable to reproduce the effect.
- Jon will let Chuck Andrews know about these tests.
- Power will be shut off again on Tues. morning
- Leon: All 6 of full APD assemblies sent back had leaks, and they were able to identify where they are. Got some heatsinks from IU, and 90% of those were found to have leaks. Found leak location in 28/30 heatsinks. 99% of leaks come from TECC lead holes and wires. Will try to pot these.
- Jon: requested Leon provide a list of
- Martin: FEB card that was removed (with bad FEB temp. readout) is in the mail to Harvard
- possibly sees a peak in last week's data.
- NuMI peak looks good
- Still lots of empty events in some runs
- nearline is processing new subruns every ~hour. Webpage is updated every 5 minutes.