NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/06/30¶
Attendance: Jon, Andrew, Gavin, Minerba, Mark Mathis, Mousumi, Athans, Gary, Martin, Raphael, Gareth, Dan, Mat, Denis
- Status of "Cool Running" (Jon)
- Status of NDOS DCS
- Status of APD repair
Status of "Cool Running"¶
- lost 5 cooled APDs late yesterday. One of these seems to have recovered after warming up. The other four are out of the DAQ readout.
- Mat will be remove the latest failed FEBs tomorrow morning
Status of NDOS DCS¶
- IOC that Ron was working on is working with DSO scans. During scans, the IOCs are paused and renabled after a DSO scan.
- Automatic start of cooling is not a feature. Must be manually activated.
- Starting dcmApplication currently disables cooling
- Jon: we will modify the script used by RC so that when shifters start a new run, they will have to click on the BeginRun button to get a run started. But before doing that, the shifter needs to make sure that cooling is enabled.
- Athans: GUI is being developed; CSS "rules" are not picking up PVs properly, which is holding up making changes
- Next DCS meeting is tomorrow, 9:30 am.
Status of APD repair¶
- No news from CalTech
- Mat: inspected some optical connectors of some APDs that had oil on them. One had a cracked optical connector. Attempted to "suck" oil out of the optical connector by hooking a vacuum; could not get any oil to come out.
- Mat: we do have 5 APDs that cuold be installed, but we need to get install. procedures revamped
- Jon: we should have a meeting to discuss the procedures, perhaps out at Lab 6 so others can watch the work in action.
- Denis: one of the heatsinks would not cool, it looked like there was no water flow through the heatsink. Found water was blocked through the heatsink. Considering removing APD+heatsink and will send heatsink to IU.
- Jon: since the APD is fine, let's hold off until
- Denis: moved TECC lead to the outside of a special electronics box cover 3 different FEBs (same cover). On one, there was almost no noise. On other, no significant difference was seen.
- Denis: 2 fuses on PDBs seem to be blown. 1 FEBs is getting no 3.3V power. The other fuse if for 24V power. Andrew will work with Martin on replacing these fuses.
DSO scan results¶
- doc-dB 6719
- looked at history of DSO scans of those APDs that went bad with cooling
- label on last DSO scan for troublesome APDs should be "WARM" (they were not cooled during the last DSO scan)