NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/06/23¶
Attendance: Jon, Athans, Andrew, Mark Mathis, Martin, Susan, Jan, Dominick, Gary, Jarek, Enrique, Mat Muether, Xinchun,
- Status of NuMI Beam (Jon)
- Status of "Cool Running" (Athans, Ron, Peter)
- Status of APD visual inspection (Mat, Denis)
- DataCheck Update (UMN)
- DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans (Leon, Peter)
- DCS Plans (Athans)
Status of NuMI Beam¶
- NuMI has resumed LE running. No news re: the leak in the target.
Status of "Cool Running"¶
- Ron is working on maintaining enabled TECCs whenever FEBs are reprogrammed.
- GUI development is in progress. There will be a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss how to implement the GUI, features, etc.
- Jon: we attempted to run with 22 cooled APDs on diblock 1 on Tuesday and found that doing a DSO scan resets the FEBs and disables cooling. So were not able to get new pixels masks/thresholds for these APDs. We then decided to start a run with these APDs warm, and then enabled cooling after a few minutes. This seemed to generate a lot of noise to the point where the DCMs were dropping data. Leon later recommended we lower HV on cooled channels as a temporary fix. This helped with all but 4 channels. In the end we disabled cooling and the APDs went back to operating as they did before.
- Until issue with running DSO scans is solved, we will not be able run with cooled APDs. Ron's work is critical
Status of APD visual inspection¶
- Inspection has been completed.
- Removed 152 APDs that had either obvious cooling problems or installation issues.
- All have been shipped to CalTech, where they will be tested and baked where necessary.
- Jon: any part of the detector that had heavier concentration? Mat: 20 APDs were removed from MC. All upstream of diblock 1 had large number of APDs removed.
- Hardware dB has been updated to reflect these changes to the detector.
- Most of the problems are traced back to installation errors.
- Susan: any idea where the oil is coming from on the ones that were marked as "oily"? Mat: not really. Discussion ensued, could it be that oil is coming out of optical connection? The oily APDs seem to all come from the side of the detector.
- Peter: has been working on cleaning up OnMon. Found bug in onmon viewer, seems to be more stable now.
- File transfer will be tested tomorrow morning. Should have no impact on data collection.
- Nothing beyond the current work.
- Enrique reported that the NDSB door seems to be unlocked, he was able to get into the NDSB without scanning his id.