NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/06/16¶
Attendance: Jon, Dennis, Leon, Athans, Jan, Susan, Nick, Dominick, Zeb, Christian, Denis, Peter, Mat, Ken, Enrique
- DCS Update & Plans (Athans, Ron, Dennis, ...)
- NDOS Status, Hardware Work (Jon, Mat, Denis)
- DataCheck update (Susan, Zeb, Nick, Jan, ...)
- DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans (Leon, Peter)
- AOB (All)
DCS Update & Plans¶
- Ron reported to Jon that:
- ~90% of archiving is done
- written code to write to the dev. dB, and it seems to work
- is able to convert raw data to
- working on set-point and enabling process, hopes to get "something" (eg, not everything, eg, not all channels) working but may need to address the "changing mask" issue (from disabled to enabled)
- goal is to cool the "golden" APDs on Tuesday
- does not intend to do more in parallel with Ron, but would rather work with Ron
- this is regardless of the chosen technology, but obviously it would be easier for them if we use ACNet
- Athans, Dennis, Ron, Jim K., should discuss what the most optimized decision is.
- Denis: how many
- Jon: random
NDOS Status, Hardware Work¶
- humidity levels in the past ~2 weeks:
- began full detector inspection. All horizontals on 1st diblock is complete, they've removed any APDs with visible damage or gross installation issues.
- they have observed some corrosion (oxidation) of electronic components on some FEBs. Corrosion found on/near HV connections as well.
- Leon: it would be good to check connections on PDBs as well.
- Leon: 12 APDs are in the mail.
- Mat: ordered more o-rings, glue and adjustable torque wrench.
- Mat: found some "oil-soaked" APDs. These are strange because there is not a lot of oil visible on the top of the carrier board or on the spacer frame. It's not clear how the oil got there (doesn't look like there was a spill), but Denis mentioned he saw some of these grouped in pairs).
DAQ Software/Electronics Update & Plans¶
- looks like the subrun crash problem has been solved (it was actually "fixed" in code, but was not implemented a couple of weeks ago)
- DCM kernels sometimes go into "panic" when DCMs try to detach/break connections.
- re-prepare run puts RC in a funky/undefined state
- DL and GT configurations are in the dB; instructions on how to modify these settings are in the DAQ wiki
- On-mon problem is still present, perhaps getting worse (Enrique).