NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/06/06¶
Attendance: Jon, Art, Mark, Gary, Andrew, Chad, Zeb, Alena, Jarek, Sue, Mark, Kurt, Ron, Gavin, Leon, Athans
- NDOS Status and Channel Recovery Plans
- DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans
- DCS Update & Plans
- AOB (All)
NDOS Status and Channel Recovery Plans¶
- uptime (run>30 minutes long and all 9 dcms in the readout) during the last week was ~80%
- active channel fraction this past week:
- whole-detector hovered around 70%
- fiducial volume hovered around 75%
- Art: the DAQ ran for 2.5 days with no glitches over the weekend
- Mark: Steve Dixon suggested last week that we move the HVAC system in the NDSB to a closed-system instead of pulling air in from the outside.
DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans¶
- Andrew: 2nd timing unit in MINOS is hooked up and reporting beam spills. Last week a test was done to look at difference between MINOS building timing and Feynman building timing. Expected to see a small time difference, but instead found a 442.19 us time difference (late). This seems non-physical, and so the test will need to be done again. This will happen today.
DCS Update & Plans¶
- IOCs have been running for ~1.5 weeks with issue that, when a DSO scan is done, there is a conflict. So for now, at the beginning of a DSO scan, the IOCs are killed. IOCs are started when DCMs are rebooted (eg, after a DSO scan is done). Priority for this week is to archive temperatures to dB.
- We have a new person from UVa (Martin) who will work on the display/interface.
- When can we run a test?
- have to get archiving worked out
- need an interface to enable/disable cooling
- need tables of set points (Leon), so we only cool the ones that we know operate ok when cooled. Need to get list from Mat and Denis.
- Mark: what's the procedure for dealing with a fault?
- Athans: we have not yet decided.
- Andrew: the hardware protects itself.
- Goal is to run full test on NDOS by Friday morning.