NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/05/16¶
Attendance: Jon, Mat, Peter, Mark Mathis, Mark Messier, Susan, Rick K., Greg, Denis, Minerba, Sue, Jarek, Leon, Gavin
- NDOS Status and Channel Recovery Plans
- DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans
- DCS Update & Plans
- AOB (All)
NDOS Status and Channel Recovery Plans¶
- One phone call to DAQ group over the weekend on Sunday evening, regarding DAQAppMgr. Kurt is investigating.
- Harvard responded to Mat's request for ribbon cables, they should be arriving very soon.
- Peter reported that the NuMI target He leak has worsened, so the switch to HE beam run may happen earlier than expected.
- Mat: dehumidifier in NDSB was found to be on, but set to 60%. Mat lowered it to 30%, and it seems to have improved the situation.
DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans¶
- DAQ stress tests have begun today.
- So far they have found that a trigger rate of ~100Hz causes sporadic triggers.
- DDS upgrade over the weekend should improve stability
DCS Update & Plans¶
- Peter reported that tests on detector showed some instability
- Sue put a note out on the baseline tests performed on the teststand; timing glitches were seen even when FEBs were not being read out.