NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/05/12¶
Attendance: Jon, Leon, Susan, Zeb, Nick, Peter, Mat, Kurt, Jim, Denis, Minerba, Gary, Chad, Athans
- NDOS Status and Channel Recovery Plans
- DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans
- DCS Update & Plans
- DataCheck Update
- AOB (All)
- uptime (run>30 minutes long and all 9 dcms in the readout) during the last week was ~66%
- active channel fraction (whole detector) has been ~77% this past week.
- Karen managed to fill ~all obstructed modules. Everything is now topped off and filled except for the module that had leaked recently. That has been patched, but not yet re-filled.
- No channel recover this week, waiting on parts.
- Denis and Mat have been trying to catalog APD cooling results.
- Humidity is high again, Mat will run out to NDSB to check on humidifier and will follow up with Bill Moorehouse if necessary
- Chad sent an email out about flowmeters... did Leon get the email? Yes.
DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans¶
- Peter: message facility moved forward which required new compiler and recompile of all packages.
- Andrew: still having problems getting TDU in MINOS building to run spillserver. The switches they gave us is incompatible with our DAQ (frame size). Cat 6 copper needs to be run between the MINOS SB and NDSB. Ticket for this was submitted yesterday.
DCS Update & Plans¶
- software development progressing with both AD and CD experts.
- testing of DCS readout while taking data has been successful
- Andrew: had a discussion with Jim Patrick after yesterday's DCS meeting. He feels that EPICS is the way to go for the short-term solution. Denis Niklaus and some others could potentially help out with the EPICS.
- Nick presented
- correlations were search for between data and DCS for a run (12002) that showed changes in data size and rate in the past. No real strong correlations were found for this run.
- cut studies were done