NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/04/28¶
Attendance: Jon, Tricia, Vince, Kurt, Enrique, Raphael, Carl, Mark Mathis, Andrew, Denis, Jim, Ron, Chad, Mat, Gavin, Minerba, Athans, Susan, Zeb, Jarek, Nick, Jan
- DCS EPICS presentation/demonstration
- DCS Plans
- DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans
- DataCheck update
DCS EPICS presentation/demonstration¶
- Jim K presented:
- a couple of slides on what they have accomplished in the first 2 weeks; the presentation is in CVS
- a demonstration of an actual working system on the teststand
- Mark: if something goes out of tolerance, is the FEB protected by hardware? Andrew/Denis: yes
- Andrew: what is the plan to roll this out to the DAQ cluster? How far away are you from being able to do this? Ron: code is already part of online suite, so there should not be much work to roll it out.
- Jon: what are your next steps? Ron: needs to get IOC running during data collection? Jim: his involvement will rapidly decrease soon, Ron will continue to work on this.
- error handling
- database interface
- integration with RMS messaging
- Chad: has been putting everything behind patch panels in racks 1 & 2. Things are looking nicer.
- posted doc-dB 5929, will present on Monday.
- putting together a proposal for mechanical system readout (from Assembly group).
- Denis: what water parameters do we measure in DCS? Chad: chiller temperature, pressure. Denis: we need flowmeters. Andrew: we should talk Mike Z. to find out what kind of flowmeters were installed.
DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans¶
- Andrew: the TDU was moved to the MINOS service building today. This will add ~400 ns shift in time to data! Tomorrow we will hook up accelerator signals.