NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/03/03¶
Attendance: Jon, Andrew, Nate, Gavin, Jarek, Minerba, Mark, Mat, Gary, Leon, Alena, Susan, Athans, Rick K., Dnis, Tricia, Peter, Chad
- Channel Recovery Plans
- DAQ Update & Plans
- DCS Status & Plans
- Shifters' report
Channel Recovery (Mat):¶
- Jon and Mat recovered some more channels today. Two FEBs were found to have HV ribbon cables disconnected.
- All "red" APDs have been removed, only 8 more need to be replaced.
- Investigated 3 FEBs that were misbehaving. One FEB had ribbon cables partially inserted, swapped 2 others. One of the swapped looked good afterward, the other is not clear yet if it helped.
- Performed a cablectomy and this seemed to improve the readout for all channels.
- Looked at most recent DSO scan, 62/63 of recovered APD/FEBs look good since they were "fixed".
- Denis reported that some channels behave poorly immediately after they were cooled, but eventually get better.
- Jon and Mat also swapped TEC boards on FEB# 18 and #19 on DCM 1-2, as requested by Gerard and Denis.
DSO Studies (Mark Mathis):¶
- went through plots that he has posted online (http://www-nova.fnal.gov/dso/images/)
- Peter: several things have happened this week:
- DAQ has moved to new version of underlying messaging system in an attempt to make the system more robust.
- hopefully this will make stopping and restarting the messaging system between runs unnecessary (tests are in progress)
- small change in DCM in bus arbitration that increases capability of memory transfer (10% decrease in CPU usage)
- Peter has demonstrated that configured threshold matches observed threshold
- work continues on increasing DCM bandwidth
- Chad: asked Leon if RTD purchase is approved.
- Leon: concerned about soldering proposal
- RTDs require silver solder... Feynman has experience doing this
- Chad has placed an order for all of the infrastructure parts required to mount the RTDs.
- Athans: managed to test code on DCM on teststand and is seeing reasonable values.
Any other business:¶
- Andrew: Would like to schedule some downtime to remap network resources on both detector and LCC. Estimate ~2 hours at each site. Tentatively scheduled for Monday morning.
- Mark: efforts to search for MB events in detector is ramping up (Minerba + Chad). Booster is getting ~2x amount of spills because NuMI is down. MC is being developed for MB events.