NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/02/21¶
Attendance: Jon, Zeb, Athans, Jarek, Enrique, Tricia, Alex, Minerba, Alena, Gary, Leon, Mark Mathis, Susan
- DAQ Update & Plans
- Channel Recovery Plans
- DCS Status & Plans
- Shifters' report
Channel Recovery (Minerba):¶
- 34 of 37 APDs have been replaced
- Leon: APDs in "orange" category were marked as bad because a few pixels were noisy. Would like to try cutting ribbon cable connections for individual pixels to see if this remedies the problem.
- from the DSO scans, we are now able to create a set of thresholds for every individual channel and apply them across the detector.
- now, ~all "good" channels are running at 40-60 ADC count threshold
- we've been running like this for most of the week
- data are uploaded into dB, and read back out
- Susan/Leon: we're now running with regulated voltage. Currently we're using one HV setting for all
- Gary: what's the status of cooling? Leon: retrofit of boards is being worked on to reduce noise, should be ready for initial tests ~next week.
- has GUI working for DCM DCS monitoring
- will commit code to CVS soon
- DAQ group is working hard now to figure out what's going in the CR right now (can't get data flowing)
- in general, things went pretty well this week. Documentation could be updated. In particular, the "reboot TDU" process is undocumented.
- doc-dB 5670: "Preliminary look of Good and Bad channels in NDOS"