NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/02/17¶
Attendance: Jon, Mark, Mark, Chad, Andrew, Mat, Alena, Gary, Gavin, Vic, Denis, Kurt, MinerbaAgenda:
- Channel Recovery Plans
- DAQ Update & Plans
- DCS Status & Plans
- Shifters' report
Channel recovery (Mat):¶
- APD removal will begin tomorrow (32 known APDs), and will check ribbon cables.
- APD installation will begin tomorrow afternoon and continue into Saturday
- Will try to get new pixel masks into DAQ/database
- Mark Mathis has scripts ready, should have some plots for Monday
Denis: can we start using the voltage regulators on the FEBs?¶
- Tested in stand-alone mode, but not system wide
- Jon will follow up with Leon for a plan
- Mat: should do a DSO scan first
- We are now reading/writing to the database for DCM configuration
- Kurt is working on back-filling run config in dB
- Jon is working on back-filling run history data in dB
- DCM register readback (Denis):
- yesterday we ran a test. First 30 minutes were fine, the DAQ kept up. After 30 minutes, issued a new timing sync and that caused problems.
- Peter suggested that we try doing timing syncs when not doing status readback, and saw similar problems
- So it looks like we have an issue with timing sync signals.
- Possible that during a sync, some FEBs fall out of sync.
- 3-hour wigouts were seen last Thursday
- traced to how the TDU client was interacting with firmware, it was auto-resyncing too frequently
- fixed, and now things seem to be more stable
- Ron and Vic would like to see if they can reproduce a wigout on the test-stand
DCS (Chad): temperature alarms have disappeared¶
- combination of cooling fans that Rick T installed
- working on a script to generate DCS plots and publish them on a webpage
- Jon has copied all "old" DCS data that was in the nova_hardware and nova_dev database into the nova_prod database.