NDOS Commissioning Meeting 2011/01/06¶
Attendance: Jon, Denis, Mark Messier, Mat, Kurt, Dan, Athans, Alena, Mayly, Leon, Chad, PeterAgenda:
- DCS Status & Plans
- DAQ/Electronics Update & Plans
- Shifters' report
- now writing env. data to the dB
- will test more over the weekend, hope to have something to present at Monday's Comm. mtng.
- Athans: made some progress recently, hope to have a demo of the sender <-> receiver apps sometime next week
- we can read FEB status registers but:
- have to switch to internal command mode to do that.
- this switch disrupts data flow
- requires a firmware fix, which is currently under testing.
- latest version of DCMProgUtils is now being tested; it appears just one file is out of synch. The development release will be updated tomorrow
- MB triggers:
- still no clear signals being found
- Holger's code is doing the correct trigger logic
- events should be ~304 us after our T0.
- the search continues...
- new DSO data set collected yesterday, new hardware masks were generated; as a result, there was a net gain of ~500 channels.
- some hardware work was done yesterday, where some APDs and optical connections were cleaned and I/V curves were taken. Details are in doc-dB 5492. Leon expressed concern about the procedure of the I/V curve data taking and warned of the potential of doing real damage to the APDs... the procedures will be worked out with Leon before any further data is collected.
- Mat & Denis will remove ~10 more APDs from DCM09 (2-2).
- The Plan:
- work on DCM software and firmware improvements will continue
- DSO data will be collected every Mon., Wed. and Fri. mornings, before work begins on the detector. Jon will communicate this to personnel.