Updating the Configuration FHICL¶
This is how we manage the FHICL files for the DDT processes:
0. Note: Do not stop the run yet, you will do this in step 10.
1. Make the desired changes to the file FHICL file in DDTGlobalConfigurations in your personal test release.
2. by following these procedures: Testing a new Configuration FHICL
3. If it runs, commit it to SVN.
4. Log into the appropriate node:
NDOS: ssh email@example.com ND: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org FD: ssh email@example.com
5. Go to the configuration directory:
6. Get a Kerberos ticket and update the
kinit <your user name> svn up DDTGlobalConfigurations/
7. Copy the configuration FHICL into place with the appropriate time stamp (the script is attached for those interested):
8. When you are satisfied with everything, change the path in the DAQ Configuration Editor under the DDTManager tab:
NDOS or ND: setup_online startDAQConfigEditor.shFor the far detector you will have to go through the FD VNC session after talking with the shifter.
9. If the DDT processes are running in the DDTManager, make sure to stop them all before ending the run.
10. End the run and bring it back up starting with "Select Configuration" where you select the new configuration. Make sure that the time stamp of the configuration you select corresponds to the time that you made your changes (note that it is in UTC).