Updating the Base Releases¶
We have two base releases that need to be updated after we make code changes, one is on the online DAQ cluster (
novadaq-ctrl-master.fnal.gov) and the other one is on the NOvA virtual machines (
novagpvm01.fnal.gov). Here is how you do it:
- If you are updating the online DAQ cluster, make an entry in the logbook first.
- Log into the cluster you want to update:
ssh email@example.comNote: You will need to initialize a Kerberos ticket before you can connect to the repository on the DAQ cluster.
- Set up the environment and go to the base release directory:
setup_novaddt cd $SRT_PUBLIC_CONTEXT
- Update the release:
update-release 2>&1 | tee logs/update-release.logTake a look at the output and make sure everything went alright.
- Now you are ready to build with the following command:
novaddt_build 2>&1 | tee logs/debug_build.logAgain, make sure to scan the build log for any errors or warning, you can also use grep for that.
- As a final step, update the Doxygen page (virtual machines only):
Checking Log Files¶
Here is my nifty
grep command for checking the build log:
grep -i --color "arning:\|rror:" logs/debug_build.log
The above instructions are for building the base release with the "debug" flags (the standard version). However, we can also compile our code using the more optimized "prof" compilation using the setup incantations from Profile Compilation. After that, you can use this command to compile:
novaddt_build 2>&1 | tee logs/prof_build.log