Shifter Instructions » History » Version 4
NDOS Shifter Instructions¶
Starting the Trigger¶
Here is how you start the trigger processes on the buffer nodes:
1. Click on the "DDT Manager" icon on the same display as NDOS Run Control:
2. The following manager should pop up (you might have to scroll around the display to find it):
You will now see the followingClick the "Start Group" button to start all of the processes:
3. When everything is running, all of the buttons should be green:
Stopping the Trigger¶
1. Click the "Stop Group" button:
2. After everything is stopped, all of the buttons should be pink:
3. You can now safely exit the DDT Manager by clicking File -> Exit.
Recovering a Trigger¶
Occasionally a trigger process might die, so you can recover it as follows:
1. Send an email to email@example.com telling us which trigger process died. For example, trigger process 002 died here:
2. Right-click on the dead process and click "Start Process":
3. Everything should be green again.
4. If the process dies more than twice in an hour, do not restart it again and notify us via email.