Shifter Instructions » History » Version 12
- Table of contents
- NDOS Shifter Instructions
NDOS Shifter Instructions¶
Starting the Trigger¶
Here is how you start the trigger processes on the buffer nodes:
1. Click on the "DDT Manager" icon on the same display as NDOS Run Control:
2. The following manager screen should pop up (you might have to scroll around the display to find it):
3. Click the "Start Group" button to start all of the processes and when they are all running it should look like this:
Stopping the Trigger¶
1. Click the "Stop Group" button and wait until everything is pink (not running).
2. Click on File -> Exit to exit the manager:
Recovering a Trigger¶
Occasionally a trigger process might die, so you can recover it as follows:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us which trigger process died. For example, trigger process 002 died here:
2. Right-click on the dead process and click "Start Process":
3. Everything should be green again.
4. If the process dies more than twice in an hour, do not restart it again, but notify us via email.