- Table of contents
- 11/05/2013 Notes
Jon, Yuri, Zukai, Jan, Matthew, and Martin (taking notes)
DDS Shell Script¶
- I hardcoded the OSPL_URI in the startDDTFilter script for the DAQAppMgr.
- Kurt pointed out that this will not work once the partition or detector will change.
- He wrote a setup script that handles this (DAQOperationTools/startDDS.sh), but it depends on th DAQ environment.
- I failed to offload this on anyone else, so I will take a close look at writing a similar script for DDT.
Dropped Event Count¶
- Ron's shared memory segment keeps track of the number of dropped events/milliblocks with a variable called
- We can spy on this variable using ShowShmRdWr, so I will write a similar program that will print out the dropped number of events in a slightly more user-friendly way.
- In our 7 hour run two weeks back, we only dropped 40 events!
- Matthew wrote a little test program to test the associations and it worked, so the problem is with the NuMu trigger program rather than ARTDAQ.
Next ART/ARTDAQ Release¶
- Jan reports that a new patch of Root was released last week and the Artists are working on getting the latest version out as soon as possible.
- Build the FHICL file based on information in the database.
- The configuration manager will do this.
- Yuri and I will get together early next week to start to put this together.
- We have started a discussion with Alec on changing the GlobalTriggerRunConfig XML format slightly.
- I hope that we can make a decision on how to proceed fairly soon, so that I can edit the GTConfig code from the DB side by the end of the week.
- If we can get the GT Config sorted out, we are ready for the test run during my shift next week.