- Table of contents
- 09/24/2013 Notes
Jan, Alec, Andrew, Zukai, and Martin (taking notes)
- Andrew reports that at some super secret meetings, it was requested to deploy the Tri-Cell trigger.
- This trigger will provide all of the data that the calibration needs in minutes!
- Brian is putting together a technical note explaining the trigger, its predicted rates, and efficiency.
- We need a DAQApplicationManager clone of DDT to control ddt-filter processes.
- Yuri is working on this, but is tied up with Mu2e for the next weeks.
- I asked what would be wrong with using the manager he has already written and Andrew says nothing!
- I will look into trying to use Yuri's old manager, so we have something to use right away.
- We also need an automatic way to roll in triggers via the DAQConfigurationManager.
- Zukai attempted to do this, but got stuck with the misidentified tab.
- Craig D. wants Zukai to focus on the algorithm and stop working on integration.
- I have some time, so I will try to take this work over from Zukai.
- Ron needs to redesign the shared memory segment.
- However, this does not have to be complete for deployment.
- We could just run one reader.
- Run the streamer trigger to generate more min-bias data. Zukai can do this.
- Zukai would also like to run the tests that he presented at outfitting yesterday:
- Is the detector synced?
- Why is the fast monopole data not being written?
- Andrew will request FD time from Rick.
- Andrew asked Jan to spin up the Nu_Mu trigger during the FD tests.
Data Processing Workshop Fallout¶
- A lot of interest to run DDT to provide backups to the beam trigger.
- Mark, Gary, and Peter will back us up if we need anything.
- We already have talks describing the low level DDT details (DocDB ??) and describing the slicers (DocDB ??).
- Everyone agrees that we need a basic manual that summarizes components in a paragraph each.
- Use DAQDataFormats template to write a "DDT manual".
- I will start to put this together with the lower level modules (e.g. sorters and slicers).
- Zukai gave a very nice update on his trigger efficiency curves in the linked talk from the event above.
- He also shared some plots from his ELOG (NOvA DocDB user and password) with us.