- Table of contents
- 04/15/2014 Notes
Alec, Craig D., Matthew, Andrew, Zukai, and Martin (taking notes)
- EC decided the following:
- turn the cosmic pulser down from 40 Hz to 10 Hz
- turn up TriCell trigger
- We would like to turn TriCell up by a factor of 8:
- factor of 4 to compensate for pulser turn down
- factor of 2 to compensate for doubled detector size
- This means that the prescale will be changed from 1000 to 125, but we'll first consult with Brian about this.
- Andrew suggests to probe occasionally and report.
- Craig suggests to run the trigger over the pulser data, make sure that all gets caught and then determine an efficiency.
- The BNEVB could report the total_missed number to Ganglia, but Andrew notes that this is not a good record due to Ganglia's sparsification.
- In the end, we decided to write a program to populate a log file as follows:
- time stamp, number of missed milliblocks
- if accessible, we can also add the run and subrun number
- I will write this program.
- The production group wants us to combine our data streams to reduce the number of files.
- Andrew suggests that we group by rate as follows:
- DDcalmu (3 Hz going to 24 Hz)
- DDnumu (14 Hz)
- DDexotics = DDenergy + DDfastmono + DDslowmono (a few Hz)
- We will coordinate with Louise to get this implemented.
- All data streams are independent, so you do have to run over both streams to find overlap.
- Andrew notes that this was a compromise made when designing the DAQ system.
- We discussed that a closure test would be useful in the Nearline.
- Basically, we want to make sure that the trigger rate based on the pulser data is the same as the raw trigger rate.
FD 7 DB Streamer Data¶
- I will request a streamer data run at the Outfitting meeting tomorrow, so we can tune our triggers.
- We will put this trigger into a new package: DAQStatusTriggers.
- Andrew notes that we have to set the trigger up to ignore FEBs that have already been seen with the overflow error bit because this bit latches.
- Before improving the trigger though, let's first see whether it will even trigger.
- Matthew will not be able to do DAQ expert shifts.