- Table of contents
- 3/9/2015 Notes
Andrew, Enhao, Aris, Matt, Justin and Martin (taking notes)
Live Time Monitor¶
- Andrew put the new live time monitor script into the DAQ repository: NovaDAQLiveTimeMonitor
- This script is built and basically just gets copied into the bin area.
- The buffer node event builder application will start this application.
- We need someone to test this.
- One option to create some fake dead time is to reduce the number of DDT processes
- Aris and I will test this during the next beam downtime.
- We would simply log into a buffer node and run the script.
- We could then kill DDT processes on this farm host to induce some dead time.
- This monitoring is in anticipation of adding the old hosts to the buffer node farm.
- We want to make sure that we can measure how much we drop on the older slower hosts.
- Matt has successfully built the DDT code and will try to run it in the next few days.
- He has removed the old documentation that was incorrect from the Wiki.
- Once things work for him, he will document the steps that work.
- With the new buffer nodes we have additional time that can be used for Michel rejection.
- GlobalTrigger needs a test bed for the supernova trigger.
- Justin is working on the supernova simulation.
- I explained the problem with the SubRunEndTime not being set in the metadata of several DDslowmono files. This causes production not to convert these files because they cut on this value.
- Andrew explains that the metadata has been fixed for some run periods.
- Andrew has the script to do this patch.
- He will send the script to me, so I can apply it for my DDslowmono files.
- Andrew asks what the progress is of looking at this data?
- I will ask Serdar.