How to create or update a deployment of the Control Room Software.¶
The script deployCR.sh will allow you to (re)create or update a deployment for any machine.
Acquiring the script¶
Since there may be a bootstrap problem with CVS when deploying, the easiest may be to cut and paste deployCR.sh into a local editor from here
where options are
-h: help -m: machine to deploy to [current host] -t: target ["Desktop DAQ-Desktop-Utilities bin"] -u: do a cvs update -d: detector [NDOS]
Since the actual machines in use have diverged from the names of the CVS directories representing them, it is usually necessary to specify the machine argument. Examples:
./deployCR.sh -d AshRiverCR -m cr-02 -t Desktop -u
would be used on nova-far-cr-02 in the Ash River control room to deploy Desktop icons on the physical control room machine.
./deployCR.sh -d NDOS -m nova-daq-02 -t Desktop -u
would be used on novacr02@novadaq-ctrl-master to deploy Desktop icons on the VNC server running the "display 2" functionality for NDOS.
- The script checks out (via pserver) a temporary copy of the NovaControlRoom package to a temporary directory.
- If a given directory in the target list does not exist under the current directory ($PWD), it is created, and files (including CVS files) are copied from the temporary directory to the target directory.
- If the target directory does exist, the CVS files are copied from the temporary directory if they do not already exist in the target, making the target a CVS sandbox.
- If requested, a cvs update is performed on the targets.
- The temporary directory is removed.
- The default target list of "Desktop DAQ-Desktop-Utilities" works, but the -t option will only accept a single target. Attempts to capture white space within quotes from command line arguments led to the entire command line being treated as a single argument.
Commit a Change You've Made¶
If you don't know how to do this, you shouldn't try. Please contact an expert.