Project

General

Profile

Redmine Customizations

19-Feb-2010, KAB

I enabled email notifications by creating an email.yml file in /home/redmine/redmine-0.8/config. The contents are shown below and were taken from the Redmine setup on oink.fnal.gov. After I created this file, I restarted Apache (/etc/init.d/apache2 restart) and verified that change to an existing Issue generated an email.

# Outgoing email settings

production:
  delivery_method: :smtp
  smtp_settings:
    address: smtp.fnal.gov
    port: 25
    domain: fnal.gov

development:
  delivery_method: :smtp
  smtp_settings:
    address: smtp.fnal.gov
    port: 25
    domain: fnal.gov

18-Sep-2009, KAB

I expected the change to formatter.rb described below to enable the processing of raw HTML, but it didn't. When I searched for additional occurrences of the "filter_html" parameter in the Redmine code, I found that the parameter was not being used to control the escaping of HTML code in ~redmine/redmine-0.8/lib/redcloth.rb. When I added that test, the processing of raw HTML started working. It seems like a bug to me that this was not part of the original code. I saved a copy of the original redcloth.rb as redcloth.rb.orig. To restart Redmine, I killed processes like "Passenger ApplicationSpawner: /home/redmine/redmine-0.8" and "Rails: /home/redmine/redmine-0.8" and simply reloaded one of the wiki pages in a browser (probably better ways to do that).

<hr>

08-Sep-2009, KAB

The Textile reference manual (http://thresholdstate.com/articles/4312/the-textile-reference-manual) says that constructs like "_{color:red}italicized, red text_" should work, but they weren't at first. With some help from Marc Paterno, I found that changing some settings in ~redmine/redmine-0.8/lib/redmine/wiki_formatting/textile/formatter.rb helped fixed that.
Basically, I set the "filter_html" and "filter_styles" flags to false. (I saved a copy of the original formatter.rb as formatter.rb.orig.) With this change, the expected colorization works. Reading the Redmine documentation, it seems like filtering html and styles is recommended for public Redmine Wikis, but protected ones, like ours, can allow html and styles.