Project

General

Profile

30-Oct-2009 novatest01 log

30-Oct-2009, KAB

I discovered today that the xerces_c v3_0_1 build in UPS on novatest01 is missing libraries (and who knows what else). So, I'll try to build it again from scratch.

Here are the steps that I used to build and package xerces_c 3.0.1 for UPS/UPD on novatest01:

  • started out working in my personal account...
  • downloaded xerces-c-3.0.1.tar.gz from http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c.
  • 'cd <workDir>'
  • 'tar --gunzip -xvf <downloadDir>/xerces-c-3.0.1.tar.gz'
  • 'cd xerces-c-3.0.1'
  • './configure --prefix=<workDir>/xerces-c-3.0.1 --exec-prefix=<workDir>/xerces-c-3.0.1 --enable-transcoder-iconv'
  • 'gmake'
  • 'gmake install'
  • switched to the products account...
  • 'ups undeclare xerces_c v3_0_1 -f Linux64bit+2.6-2.5'
  • 'cd /fnal/ups/prd/xerces_c/v3_0_1'
  • 'mv Linux64bit-2.6-2.5 bad.Linux64bit-2.6-2.5'
  • 'mkdir Linux64bit+2.6-2.5'
  • 'cd Linux64bit+2.6-2.5'
  • 'mkdir ups'
  • copied the xerces_c.table file from the 2_7_0 release into the ups directory; verified that it was acceptable
  • 'cp -pRv <workDir>/xerces-c-3.0.1/* .'
  • 'ups declare -f Linux64bit+2.6-2.5 -r /fnal/ups/prd/xerces_c/v3_0_1/Linux64bit+2.6-2.5 -m xerces_c.table xerces_c v3_0_1'
  • back to my account...
  • 'upd delproduct xerces_c v3_0_1 -f Linux64bit+2.6-2.5' (to remove the broken build from UPD)
  • 'upd addproduct xerces_c v3_0_1 -f Linux64bit+2.6-2.5' (to declare the new build to UPD)